Alion Storm Tracker®
The Alion Storm Tracker is a ballasted single-axis tracker with optional automated cleaning robots for soiling & albedo control.
- Fully ballasted for sites with challenging geotechnical conditions
- Accommodates sites with uneven slopes with its articulated drive tube
- Uses substantially less steel than leading torque tube trackers
- Uses 30% more panels per drive than typical torque tube systems
- Enables Alion’s automated SPOT panel cleaning system (see information for SPOT)
- Compatible with framed or frameless modules, including thin film, and bifacial panels
- High wind zone capable
The patent pending Alion Storm Tracker uses a continuous, jointed concrete track that supports a distributed structure for inherently high stiffness. A drive tube transmits torque from a row-based motor and slew drive to a series of gears that rotate each tracker section. The patent pending Storm Lock mechanism locks the tracker in a stow position, enabling a lower-cost drive and structure. Major parts are factory pre-assembled to reduce field labor and field construction time.
Single-axis rotation greater than +/- 60°
Ballasted system can traverse up to 15% slope
A single drive can operate up to 145 72-cell modules
Strong A-Frame and Arc Structure
Storm-Lock disengages drive system during high-wind events. Enables longer strings for 10% CAPEX savings.
Geared design enables smaller drives to control longer rows
Enhanced bifacial gains from 3-dimensional reflective foundations
More stable and durable high albedo surfaces maintained at lower annual costs
Lower bifacial rear-side pv cell shading loss than torque tube trackers